Chisholm Trail Museum COVID-19 Operational Procedures
The safety and care of the public, volunteers, and staff is of the utmost importance to the Chisholm Trail Museum and Seay Mansion (CTM). The CTM will be open to the public beginning June 1, but access will be limited and controlled in order to ensure CDC recommendations for social distancing, cleaning, and other safety standards. The Museum has developed operational modes that are flexible with current community and state standards in response to COVID-19. Should local authorities deem it necessary to close public venues the Museum will close according to local regulations.
To help keep everyone safe and to help us protect our priceless state collections, face masks are required in all public areas of this facility. Due to current Covid-19 conditions, and in accord with Executive Orders issued by the Governor of Oklahoma as well as guidelines issued by the Oklahoma State Department of Health, all visitors, staff, volunteers, contractors, and vendors entering this facility are required to wear face masks while in all public areas.
If you have health conditions that prevent you from wearing a face mask at this time, we ask that you enjoy our museum at a future date when it is safe for all to enjoy.
1. Personnel: All staff are required to ensure their personal safety by reviewing Oklahoma Historical Society and CDC recommendations on a regular basis and implementing safety standards. Staff should practice social distancing when possible and should not come to work when they are sick, have a fever, or who have been in contact with a sick person.
2.Social Distancing: All staff and volunteers will maintain at least a six-foot separation between each other. All visitors are required to maintain six feet of separation between staff and other visitor groups. Graphic signage will be placed throughout the Museum to encourage social distancing.
3. Personal Protective Equipment: Masks or face shields must be worn by all staff and volunteers when interacting with the public. The CTM encourages visitors to wear face masks while visiting the Museum. A notice is posted to encourage visitors to wear masks. Staff and volunteers who handle money or Museum Store items for purchase shall wear disposable gloves while handling cash and merchandise. Gloves will be disposed of following each transaction.
4. Groups and Capacity: In order to maintain proper social distancing and adhere to current CDC guidelines, the CTM will limit the occupancy capacity of the Museum to 50. The Museum will not schedule group tours or student field trips until further notice.
Seay Mansion: The mansion’s first floor and grounds will be open to those visiting the CTM. The second floor will be closed until further notice. In addition, rooms will be roped off allowing visitors the opportunity to view each space but not enter the rooms. Each visiting group will be provided a printed mansion guide for their visit. Staff will be available to answer visitor questions. These measures are utilized to protect the structure from continual cleaning and harsh chemicals that can damage the furniture and finishes in the home.
Pioneer Village: The Pioneer Village will be open to Museum visitors. Each building will have barriers in place allowing visitors to view the structures and their contents; however, visitors will not be allowed full access to the structures. These measures are utilized to protect the buildings and their contents from continual cleaning and harsh chemicals that can damage the furniture and finishes in the each of the structures.
Chisholm Trail Museum main galleries: Hand sanitizer will be available for immediate use by staff and visitors at the front desk. Museum capacity, including the Seay Mansion and Pioneer Village will be limited to 50 visitors at any given time. Access to the Museum will be monitored to maintain safe capacity. All touchable surfaces exposed to Museum visitors including but not limited to doorknobs, restroom surfaces, handrails, etc. will be cleaned on a regular basis.
5. Signage: The CTM will post signage at all entry points and throughout the galleries encouraging guests to maintain proper social distancing requirements.
6. Hands-on Activities: All hands-on activities have been temporarily removed from the galleries and historic structures until further notice.
7. Hand Sanitizing: Hand sanitizer will be available at the admissions desk for staff and patrons.
8. Cleaning Procedures: The CTM will adhere to the Oklahoma Historical Society’s cleanliness procedures and CDC guidelines for operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
9. Museum Classes: All classes offered by the CTM not conducted online will be limited in size.
11. Festivals and Museum Programs: The CTM is developing classes and programs that meet current CDC guidelines. All programs will be outdoors or maintain safe social distances.
12. Rentals and Meeting Space: The CTM is currently limiting use of the Museum’s meeting room to groups of 10 or less on a case-by-case basis.
605 Zellers Avenue Chisholm Trail Museum- Kingfisher, OK Phone 405-375-5176 email: email@example.com Open Monday-Saturday 10 am- 5 pm CLOSED ON STATE HOLIDAYS